Explore Goa’s historical and religious highlights on this Private heritage tour, with pickup from Goa Hotel. Traveling by air-conditioned Vehicle, admire Hindu temples and visit the Portuguese-built UNESCO-listed Basilica of Bom Jesus, Se Cathedral, and St. Francis of Assisi Church as you learn about Goa’s colonial history and culture. You will also be visiting the popular Dona Paula Beach and listen to to fascinating tale of this place.
What is included in the tour
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What is NOT included in the tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Our Driver will be at your hotel at 9am for the pick-up.
- Depart Goa Hotel by air-conditioned vehicle and travel to the Shree Manguesh temple. Surrounded by lush hills, this 400-year-old temple honors Lord Shiva and boasts an ornate white tower.
- Move on to the nearby Shree Mahalasa, a temple dedicated to a manifestation of Vishnu. View this 450-year-old edifice.
- Continue to the 16th-century Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa’s best-known church. Admire this ornate UNESCO-listed church and see its prized treasure — the 17th-century silver casket containing the remains of St. Francis Xavier.
- Next, head for Se Cathedral, old Goa’s most imposing church and Asia’s biggest. Known for its five bells, including the famous Golden Bell, this church is dedicated to St. Catherine of Alexandria, and boasts a spectacular vaulted interior.
- After a stop at the 17th-century St. Francis of Assisi Church to see its interior paintings and Manueline-style architecture, and Visit the popular Dona Paula Beach and get to know more about the stories behind the name of the Beach.
- Your tour concludes with a drop-off at Goa Hotel