To get to know a city best, there's nothing like taking it from a casual, down-to-earth perspective that isn't restricted by elaborate tour plans. An English speaking guide will meet up with you and you will head to the Gateway of India and learn about this 20th century wonder, erected during the visit of King George V and Queen Mary. Then, on a bus or taxi, you'll head to the dazzling Gothic architecture of the C.S.T. Train station. It's a picture perfect spot you'll want to capture before you take a train in that same station to Dadar to see the local flower market. The Dadar flower market is one of the most famous markets in the city, lined with thousands of blooms. Then it's another train journey to Mahalxmi Station and see Dhobi Ghaat, the largest open air laundry in all of Asia. You'll take the train right back to Churchgate station and you'll get to watch the local Dabbawaalas, or lunch delivery men at work. These valuable, efficient individuals carry huge towers of lunchboxes that are purchased and eaten by a huge percentage of the workforce in Mumbai. This tour is a true taste of the local colors of Mumbai that gives you valuable insight into everyday life.
What is included in the tour
- English Speaking Local Guide
- Public Transportation Expenses
- Bottled Water
What is NOT included in the tour
- Snacks or Lunch
- Any other entrance fees not mentioned in the itinerary
- A/C Transportation
- An offbeat tour where you see Mumbai in a local and larger perspective, taking public transportation to explore!
- See the gothic architecture of local landmarks, visit the flower market, the Gateway of India, Dhobi Ghaat and more
- Go on train journeys and see the splendid architecture of the C.S.T. Train Station!
- Witness first hand the effiiency of the Mumbai Dabbawalas, the famous and valuable lunch delivery men of Mumbai!
- An English speaking guide will help you throughout your adventure!
- 8:00am meet up with your guide outside Regal Cinema and proceed to the Gateway of India
- Travel to C.S.T train station, before taking a twenty minute train ride to Dadar to see the flower market
- Take another train to Mahalxmi station to see the Dhobi Ghaat
- Take the train back to Churchgate station to see the Dabbawalas (lunch delivery men) in real-time action
- 12:00pm tour ends at Churchgate and the guide will help you arrange a public transport to get you back to your destination
(Note: In case of booked transfers, the operator will arrange a pick up and drop off by car/van accordingly)