Go on an adventure in Delhi on this tour that takes you off the beaten track and onto another! Using the metro train and other modes of public transport, your tour guide will take you to glimpse the real colors of Delhi. You'll meet up with your guide at just outside Connaught Place, a high-traffic business and financial hub of the city, where so many of its constituents live out they day to day lives. There's a gorgeous colonade of Georgian-style buildings and its full of global chain stores. From here, you'll get an introduction to the city as well as get yourself acquainted with its geography. You'll hope on a rickshaw and head to Lutyens Delhi, now known as New Delhi. In this central business district, you'll be able to explore the local bazaars. You'll see the Lutyens Bungalow Zone, Janpath and Rajpath. You'll also be able to go by notable buildings such as the president's House, Parliament House, Secretariat, and the famous India Gate. Then it's time to hop onto a train and head from the new to the old as you see Old Delhi, full of the city life of the locals. Multiple bazaars can be found here and you'll be exploring on foot or make use of the local cycle rickshaws. You will next pass by the largest mosque in india, Jama Masjid. There's also the silver market called Dariba Kalan, the wedding market called Kinari Bazaar, and Paranthewali Galli, the Lane of Parathas. You'll also see religious sites and Hindu temples, such as the Gurdwara Sees Gank Sahib, Jain derasars and various. After such a long morning of adventure, you'll end it with a stop at a famous local restaurants for some great local snacks and refreshments. If you really want to have a look at local culture, this is the tour to have.
What is included in the tour
- Join in tour
- English speaking tour guide
- Local transport by Metro and cycle rickshaw
- Bottled drinking water, snacks and refreshments
What is NOT included in the tour
- Lunch and alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Enjoy this offbeat tour giving you an inside perspective to Old and New Delhi by traveling like a local
- Explore through the use of metro trains along with other eco friendly modes of transport to travel!
- Visit and pass by various famous places like the business district, local markets, spiritual centers and more
- Pass by the famous Jama Masjid, silver market, wedding market, paratha lane and also some religious places
- Savor delicious local hygenice snacks to leave you satisfied at the end of your tour
- Your English speaking guide will help take you to where you have to go and show you the local culture.
- 10:00am meet up with guide outside KFC outlet at Connaught Place inner circle
- Get an introduction to the history of Delhi along with a geographical orientation of the city
- Drive by the central business district exploring the local bazaars. Head towards the Lutyens Bungalow Zone, Janpath, Rajpath, and visit the President's House, Parliament House, Secretariat and India Gate
- Board the metro train to Old Delhi and explore by foot and using local cycle rickshaws to see multiple bazaars
- Pass by famous Jama Masjid, Dariba Kalan, Kinari Bazaar and Paranthewali Galli (Lane of Parathas). A visit to Gurdwara Sees Ganj Sahib, Hindu temples, Jain derasars and churches
- Make a final stop at a popular local restaurant for some mouthwatering local snacks and refreshment
- 1:30pm (approximately) board the metro train back to Connaught Place where your tour ends
Note: For those who select optional transfers, hotel pick up and drop off will be arranged accordingly
Meet Up Details:
- Meet up time: 10:00am
- Meet up location: KFC outlet at Connaught Place Inner Circle
- Address: A-12, Inner Circle, Connaught Place, Block A, Connaught Place, New Delhi, Delhi 110001
How To Get There:
- The best and fastest way to get there from anywhere in Delhi or Gurgaon (Gurugram) is by Metro. Get off at Rajiv Chowk metro station located below centeral park and walk from block B via Radial Road no 2 or 3. It is a 300 meter walk to the meeting point.