Explore Goa’s historical and religious highlights on this 7-hour small-group shore excursion and tour, with pickup from Goa port or your chosen Goa location. Traveling by air-conditioned minivan, admire Hindu temples and visit the Portuguese-built UNESCO-listed Basilica of Bom Jesus, Se Cathedral, and St. Francis of Assisi Church as you learn about Goa’s colonial history and culture. Your tour includes a visit to a spice plantation with an optional lunch (own expense), plus entrance fees.
What is included in the tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Buffet lunch
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
Depart Goa cruise port by air-conditioned minivan and travel to the Shree Manguesh temple. Surrounded by lush hills, this 400-year-old temple honors Lord Shiva and boasts an ornate white tower.
Move on to the nearby Shree Mahalasa, a temple dedicated to a manifestation of Vishnu. View this 450-year-old edifice and then continue to the Sahakari Spice Farm, a lush garden specializing in the cultivation of spices and herbs. Enjoy a guided stroll to discover the exotic plants growing here, and if time allows, break for lunch (own expense).
Continue to the 16th-century Basilica of Bom Jesus, Goa’s best-known church. Admire this ornate UNESCO-listed church and see its prized treasure — the 17th-century silver casket containing the remains of St. Francis Xavier.
Next, head for Se Cathedral, old Goa’s most imposing church and Asia’s biggest. Known for its five bells, including the famous Golden Bell, this church is dedicated to St. Catherine of Alexandria, and boasts a spectacular vaulted interior.
After a stop at the 17th-century St. Francis of Assisi Church to see its interior paintings and Manueline-style architecture, your tour concludes with a drop-off at Goa port or another location of your choice.
Our Driver will be waiting opposite to the BLUE COLOR BUILDING - CUSTOMS HOUSE
- 5:30am approximate time of pick up from hotel
- 6:00am see Iskcon Temple, where you will hear chants and people from all parts of the world, living a monks life and giving services to the temple
- 6:45am visit the Jain Temple in Malabar Hill where people of Jain community pray
- 7:15am arrive at the reknown Babulnath temple, one of the oldest in the city and witness devotees offer milk to Hindu God Lord Shiva
- 8:00am drive to Mahalaxmi temple incarnations of the Hindu goddess Adi Shakti
- 9:00am visit the massive and iconic Siddhivinayak temple dedicated to the elephant God Ganesh
- 9:45am explore the city's biggest flower markets
- 10:30am approximate time of drop off to your hotel