Mumbai is full of color, sound, and vibrance—so much that the only way to really absorb it all is to go on foot and experience its bustling streets! This walking tour of Mumbai's bazaars will take you to some of its most famous street markets where you'll see an endless variety of items. From your meet up with the guide outside Regal Cinema, you'll head by public transport to Mangaldas market and you'll walk through it. Mangaldas is famous for its cloth and textiles, and you'll see a truly dazzling variety of fabrics; the same variation that have made India's clothing so famously colorful compared to everywhere else in the world. Then you will head to Zaveri Bazaar where a marvelous, glittering sight awaits you. As the largest jewelry market in Mumbai, you'll see sparkling trinkets, jewelry, glittering gold and sparkling stones. The it's to Phool Halli, otherwise known as the flower street, where the lanes are alive with the blooms of thousands of blossoms. Your next stop is at Mumbadevi Temple where you'll learn more about the city, as this temple is where the city got its name from. Then you will get to visit Panjra Pole, one of the local animal shelters to learn how Mumbai handles its animal population, and finally understand why cows are so sacred to the locals! Your last visit is at Crawford Market, a market that has stood since the British era in Mumbai, where you'll see fruits, vegetables, spices and even necessities! This journey won't just let you live a shopper's dream, but you'll also learn more about this vibrant city.
What is included in the tour
- Join in tour
- English speaking guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals and beverages
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- Take to the streets of Mumbai to get a real feel of this pulsating city as you visit its best and busiest markets
- Visit Crawford Market, Mangaldas Market, Zaveri Bazaar, Phool Galli, Mumbadevi Temple and the quaint Madhav Baug
- Gain valuable insight into the Jain community and visit Panjra Pole, where you’ll get a better idea of animal culture!
- Learn valuable information about each stop and destination from your English speaking guide!
- 10:30am meet up with guide outside Regal Cinema
- The guide will escort you by public transport to Mangaldas market followed by a visit Zaveri Bazaar, Phool Galli, Mumbadevi Temple, Madhav Baug, Panjrapole and the last point Crawford market
- 1:30pm tour ends and the guide will help you get a public transport back to your preferred location
(Note: In the matter of transfers, the operator will arrange a pick up and drop off by car/van accordingly)