Foodies visiting Mumbai will have an amazing day sampling the very best foods that the city has to offer with this day tour! From your hotel, you'll be brought to the Indian Spice Market, which is a marvelous location that introduces you to a vast array of spices. The range of spices both whole and ground down, both local and popular blends, have made Mumbai famous. While here, you'll visit local snacks from fine street food vendors and even visit a family restaurant that gives you delicious traditional homestyle snacks. Your trip then takes you to Dhobi Ghaat, the biggest open air laundry in Asia, so you can try some tasty masala chai made of ginger and spices, before you take a train to South Mumbai to Chowpatty Beach. Here, you'll sample local delicacies like Sevpuri, Paani puri, Bhel puri (a dish made of puffed rice, vegetables and tamarind sauce), and Pav Bhaaji for the curry afficionados. After eating your fill, you'll make stops at the CST train station, Gateway of India, and Crawford Market where you'll be able to shop for items you'd like to take home with you. Dinner follows at a famous family restaurant with traditional Indian specialty dishes. Your day of sampling culinary delights is capped by dessert at an 80-year-old dessert shop. A truly amazing journey that will get your taste buds tingling!
What is included in the tour
- Join in tour
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transportation by air conditioned car
- Train tickets during the tour
- Bottled drinking water
- English speaking guide
- Snacks and food tasting of approx. 7-8 famous local items at various places
- Dinner at Indian restaurant
- Short visit to Indian spice bazaar, Gateway of India, Dhobi Ghaat, C.S.T train station
What is NOT included in the tour
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tips and gratuities (optional)
- The ultimate day tour for foodies looking to explore the city's cultural diversity through food!
- Snack at different parts of the city where you savor local favorites and home style food from all over the country
- Visit an Indian spice bazaar and even buy some spices for yourself!
- Get a quick visit to iconic parts of the city such as Dhobi ghaat , Crawford Market, C.S.T train station and Gateway of India
- Dine at a traditional restaurant and eat dessert from a 80 year old local dessert shop!
- An English speaking guide as well as hotel pick up and drop off in areas between Colaba-Andheri and Colaba-Kurla-Powai are provided
- 3:30pm approx. pick up from hotel (depending on your location)
- 4:00pm a visit to the Indian spices market. Explore the market and buy your preferred spices. Enjoy local snacks from a known street food vendor and visit a family restaurant for traditional homestyle snacks
- 5:00pm drive to Dhobi ghaat. Enjoy a delicious masala chai before a quick train ride to South Mumbai
- 5:45pm arrive at Charni Road station to go to Chowpatty Beach. Try local food like Sev puri, Paani puri, Bhel puri and Pav bhaaji at a local shop while taking in views of the city
- 6:45pm visit C.S.T train station, Gateway of India and Crawford market where you could do some quick shopping
- 8:15pm dine at a famous restaurant serving Indian specialties
- 9:15pm dessert at a 80 year old local dessert shop before being dropped off to your hotel